At Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC, we are dedicated to creating a caring, professional, patient-centered experience for state-of-the-art medical, surgical and aesthetic dermatology and dermatopathology. By treating every patient as an individual, we seek to customize a plan of care to match each patient’s needs and priorities. We strive to deliver exceptional dermatologic care by making comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to our patients within their communities. We support our primary care healthcare providers with easy access and rapid communication. We empower our patients with information to participate in the goal of achieving healthy skin. Our highly-trained providers and staff work as a team to provide excellent, coordinated, cost-effective dermatology care.
- Our team members enjoy a world-class benefits plan with a broad range of options including:
- Medical plans with HMO or PPO options
- Dental plan
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k plan with generous match
- Employee Assistance Plan
Additional benefit options such as short-term disability, accident, cancer indemnity and life insurance through AFLAC
Responsibilities include all accounts receivable related administrative functions, reviewing account histories with customers and posting payments, credit memos and adjustments. Daily duties include heavy phone activity and computer use, as well as filing and faxing of customer invoices and information and meeting monthly accounts receivable goals. Daily accuracy of work is necessary for inventory control and accountability. Additional responsibilities include housekeeping and adherence to health and safety standards.Duties to include but not limited to:
Respond to billing phone calls and questions.
Ensures insurance aging reports are acted on monthly.
Regularly monitors incorrect payment amounts or denials and takes proper steps to ensure payment from insurance company or patient.
Monitors HOLD/MGRHOLD bucket on Athena dashboard daily, take appropriate steps to ensure payment from insurance company or patient.
Establishes possible payment plans if appropriate and agreeable.
Monitors insurance newsletters and websites for any changes.
Prints EFTs as needed
Posts patient payments as needed
- Complete Administrative Proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Web-based applications, email, HRIS systems)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organization skills.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team player.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 Years medical office billing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field