Why You’ll Love This Job!
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can achieve high growth — both personally and professionally — you have found it! AP Derm®, a top-rated, established dermatology company, is looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun atmosphere to fill a Certified Medical Assistant position in our Stoneham, MA, office!
As a Certified Medical Assistant with us, you will have the backing of a friendly, professional staff, all ready to guide and support you as advance your career. You will increase your skill set through first-hand training and continuing education opportunities, and will never be bored as you travel to other locations within the area, sharing your knowledge and expertise, and meeting a variety of appreciative clients. In return for your important contributions, you will receive AP Derm® benefits that include a healthcare plan with HMO or PPO options, dental, an HSA, a 401k with a generous company match, an Employee Assistance Plan and the option to add other benefits such as short-term disability, and accident and life insurance.
Say yes to a fantastic future when you onboard as AP Derm's® Certified Medical Assistant! Apply today.
Certified Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Answer patient questions in person, via email, and on the phone
- Assist patients in preparing for exam
- Scribe during patient visit with provider and use EMR to enter medical histories and prescriptions
- Assist physician during patient procedures and surgeries
- Collect and prepare path/lab specimens
- Document medical instructions given to patients/Educate patients
- Performs suture removals, wound cultures, and other procedures as directed
Certified Medical Assistant Qualifications
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program
- Up-to-date first aid and BLS certification
- Prefer 2+ years as a medical assistant in a doctor’s office
- Dermatology office experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel to other locations in the area