Why You’ll Love This Job!
Establish yourself with an exceptional dermatology company where you can develop your skills, and master the latest treatments and techniques in a hands-on learning environment when you join the AP Derm® family as Medical Assistant!
Advance your career to new levels as a member of our skilled team of professionals. Have access to the latest in cutting-edge technology. Add to your repertoire of skills as you encounter a variety of different patients and symptoms within a workplace that encourages mentorship and knowledge sharing. Establish close-knit relationships with your teammates that will be beneficial to both your personal and career growth. In this outstanding Medical Assistant role, you will be the recipient of generous perks and benefits such as your choice of an HMO or PPO medical plan, dental insurance, a generous company matched retirement plan, Healthcare Savings Account and Employee Assistance Plan.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to advance with a first-rate organization! Apply for AP Derm's® Medical Assistant job opening today!
Certified Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist physician during patient procedures and surgeries
- Collect and prepare path/lab specimens
- Assist patients in preparing for exam
- Document medical instructions given to patients/educate patients
- Answer patient questions in person, via email, and on the phone
- Perform suture removals, wound cultures, and other procedures as directed
- Scribe during patient visit with provider and use EMR to enter medical histories and prescriptions
Certified Medical Assistant Qualifications
- Up-to-date first aid and BLS certification
- H.S. graduate, or GED
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program
- Prefer 2+ years as a medical assistant in a doctor’s office
- Dermatology office experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel to other locations in the area