Why You'll Love This Job!
Are you a mover and a shaker who is interested in a prestigious leadership role where you can put your vast Human Resource management experience to use? If so, and you would want to work for an exciting, up-and-coming company where your knowledge will be valued, AP Derm® wants you in our Chief People Officer position!
As Chief People Officer, you will be a strategic member of the company's leadership team with a say in determining the direction of a rapidly expanding business. This is a great opportunity to establish yourself with a state-of-the-art, ever-evolving company where you can grow your career as well as develop important professional relationships. You will be taken care of on a personal level as well with a generous company matched 401k, an employee assistance plan, your choice of prime healthcare plans, including dental, and the option for accident and life insurance.
Apply for AP Derm's® Chief People Officer position today to join an outstanding company that is ready to invest in your future!
Chief People Officer Responsibilities
- Ensure Human Resource activities are aligned with our culture, values and mission, executing on HR strategy to support the needs of the business
- Lead the Human Resource merger and acquisition process; conduct HR due diligence activities, analyzing results and preparing transition plans
- Act as a trusted advisor, participating on the leadership team, advising, coaching and influencing leaders
- Design, develop and deliver Human Resources policies, programs and services; maintain employee handbook
- Ensure all company policies are adhered to and in compliance with federals, state and municipal laws; lead company compliance with all existing government reporting requirements including EEO-1, ACA and other reports
- Partner with leadership team to determine benefit options; work with benefits vendors to implement and manage programs
- Oversee the development of recruitment strategies and hiring practices; actively participate in interview processes
- Lead and oversee employee orientation process; partner with functional management to ensure orientation and training programs for new hires
- Conduct surveys to establish teammate engagement and follow up on results and action plans; conduct exit interviews
- Provide coaching and counseling to managers and teammates to resolve employee issues and conflict; conduct investigations as required; review employment terminations and interact with outside counsel as needed
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes employee evaluation and development programs
- Partner with leadership team regarding organizational design and structural changes; facilitate and act as change agent for this and other changes
Chief People Officer Qualifications
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resource Management or other related field preferred
- Five or more years of HR experience, three years of which must be in a HR partner/manager position
- Experience leading or supporting organization design and change management initiatives
- Multi-state experience preferred
- Experience outsourcing HR functions and managing vendor relationships preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to exercise considerable judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Able to interact internally and externally with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional groups
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed consultative and coaching skills
- Proven experience owning strategic initiatives, implementing change management and organizational development strategies
- Willing to travel 10% of the time for business purposes in-state and out-of-state within the New England area