Why You'll Love This Job!
Would you like to experience the excitement of working in a fun, fast-paced office for a rapidly expanding company? Are you interested in being part of a team of supportive professionals who are invested in one another's success? If so, AP Derm's® Medical Claims Specialist position is sure to fit your needs!
In this Medical Claims Specialist role, you will be able to add to your repertoire of skills as you work closely with industry experts, leading to possible career advancement. Grab this excellent opportunity to establish yourself with a caring and dedicated company that offers job security, great pay, top-shelf insurance benefits, including dental and vision, and a generous company matched 401k.
We are anxious to hear from you! Apply for AP Derm's® Medical Claims Specialist opening today!
Medical Claims Specialist Responsibilities
- Handle accounts receivable administrative functions; review account histories with customers
- Post payments, credit memos, and make adjustments
- Respond to billing phone calls and questions; establish possible payment plans if appropriate and agreeable
- Ensure insurance aging reports are acted on monthly
- Regularly monitor incorrect payment amounts or denials; take proper steps to ensure payment
- Monitor HOLD/MGRHOLD bucket on Athena dashboard; take appropriate steps to ensure payment
- Monitor insurance newsletters and websites for any changes
- Print EFTs as needed
Medical Claims Specialist Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
- 2+ years of medical office billing experience
- Complete Administrative Proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Web-based applications, email, HRIS systems)
- Excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Able to work as a team player